By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
MixIndiaMixIndiaMixIndia
  • Home
  • Kerala
  • Film News
  • Tech News
  • Automobile
  • Education
  • Celebrity Profiles
  • Movies
Search
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: British setback for China: Telecom companies say they can’t expel Huawei soon
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
MixIndiaMixIndia
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Kerala
  • Film News
  • Tech News
  • Automobile
  • Education
  • Celebrity Profiles
  • Movies
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
MixIndia > Blog > News > Tech News > British setback for China: Telecom companies say they can’t expel Huawei soon
Tech News

British setback for China: Telecom companies say they can’t expel Huawei soon

Prashant P Patil
July 15, 2020 4:35 pm 4:35 pm
Prashant P Patil
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE
Telecom companies have warned that phone signals could be disrupted in the UK if the Chinese company tries to oust Huawei soon. Companies such as BT and Vodafone made the announcement before the British Parliamentary Committee. That’s why the UK has decided that it would take years to exclude Huawei from the telecom network. Telecom companies have acknowledged that the UK’s telecom sector has tightened its grip on the telecom sector.

Huawei was approved by the Boris Johnson government to build the infrastructure for the 5G network in the UK. But the Boris government has backed away from this move. Last January, the UK government decided to phase out Huawei’s presence in the telecom sector. The Boris Johnson government called the move “national security concerns.” The UK is seeking a complete ban on 5G’s strategic areas within three years and a 35 per cent WAVE presence elsewhere. It will be completely banned by the year 2027.

But telecom companies say it will take at least five to seven years. Howard Watson, BT Group’s chief technology and information officer, told the parliamentary committee that it was impossible to replace Huawei’s equipment in three years.

‘If we try to implement this fast, the signals of 2G to 4G and 5G consumers in the country can be completely disrupted. They responded that we think the government will not take that path. The signal can be interrupted for at least one day and in some areas for two days, ”said Howard Watson.

Huawei is a global Chinese company in the field of infrastructure for 5G services. Telecom companies have openly stated that the sudden omission of Huawei will exacerbate the problems and that an alternative facility will not be readily available. The United States has imposed restrictions on companies that manufacture and supply materials for Huawei. According to telecom experts, this will affect the operations of Huawei by early next year.

BT and Vodafone had earlier warned that the WAVE ban would further destabilize the British economy, which has been in crisis since Covid. The companies said the sudden ban would cost billions of pounds. Both companies have used WAVE devices to deliver 5G in the UK.

According to the British government, telecom companies should reduce their relationship with Huawei to 35% by 2023. Vodafone is a company that will not be affected if the British government implements this proposal. This is because Vodafone Huawei devices are not used in strategic areas. Only one-third of the infrastructure required for 5G is used by Wavy devices. The rest is provided by Vodafone to Ericsson. A Vodafone spokesperson said that even then, Huawei should be allowed to continue for at least five years.

BT has used more Huawei devices than Vodafone. Huawei devices are among the strategic components of BT’s 5G services. Two-thirds of 5G facilities in cities, including cities, have had to use BTW devices. Therefore, BT estimates that it will cost around 500 500 million (approximately Rs 4,732 crore) to replace WAVE. That is why BT has asked for a seven-year delay to control WAVE.

BT and Vodafone have rejected a proposal to update 4G and build a 5G network. The companies explain that 5G technology cannot be brought above 4G and that customer service will not be disrupted only if the facilities of 5G technology are developed in parallel.

Leaked: Honor 90 Price Point Revealed Ahead of Alleged Mid-September Debut in India
Google Lens now available for Android users
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Price, Features & Specification
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Price, Features & Specification
Xiaomi increased price of Mi TV 4, Redmi Note 5 Pro

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
ByPrashant P Patil
Senior Journalist
Previous Article OPPO To Introduce Fastest Charging : Zero to Full in 20 minutes
Next Article Mammootty fans chartered a flight from Australia to Kochi

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow

Latest News

The then WCC was Lalita chechi, if there was any problem, if you complained to Lalita chechi, it would happen - Lal Jose remembers
The then WCC was Lalita chechi, if there was any problem, if you complained to Lalita chechi, it would happen – Lal Jose remembers
Film News News
October 17, 2024 10:41 am
A fan cycled 1,600 km from Uttar Pradesh to Hyderabad to meet Allu Arjun.
A fan cycled 1,600 km from Uttar Pradesh to Hyderabad to meet Allu Arjun.
Film News News
October 17, 2024 4:35 am
Bala's ex-wife reacts amid controversy, ex-wife says they don't want those things and should be allowed to live peacefully
Bala’s ex-wife reacts amid controversy, ex-wife says they don’t want those things and should be allowed to live peacefully
Film News News
October 17, 2024 3:34 am
Everything heard is true, that actor in the lead role in the movie Empuran; Malayalam's two superstars are reuniting
Everything heard is true, that actor in the lead role in the movie Empuran; Malayalam’s two superstars are reuniting
Film News News
October 17, 2024 2:33 am
//

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form id=”847″]

© 2024 Mixindia. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?