By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
MixIndiaMixIndiaMixIndia
  • Home
  • Kerala
  • Film News
  • Tech News
  • Automobile
  • Education
  • Celebrity Profiles
  • Movies
Search
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: ‘Google’s move to launch censored search engine in China stupid’
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
MixIndiaMixIndia
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Kerala
  • Film News
  • Tech News
  • Automobile
  • Education
  • Celebrity Profiles
  • Movies
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
MixIndia > Blog > News > ‘Google’s move to launch censored search engine in China stupid’
News

‘Google’s move to launch censored search engine in China stupid’

IANS
August 11, 2018 8:57 pm 8:57 pm
IANS
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

San Francisco, Aug 11 : Google’s reported plan to launch a censored version of its search engine in China has come under heavy criticism from a former Asia-Pacific head of the company’s free expression issues who called it a “stupid move”.

“This is just a really bad idea, a stupid, stupid move. I feel compelled to speak out and say that this is not right,” The Intercept quoted Lokman Tsui as saying on Friday.

Tsui was Google’s head of free expression for Asia and the Pacific between 2011 and 2014.

The news about Google’s plan to build a censored search engine broke last week.

Codenamed “Dragonfly”, the search platform would blacklist “sensitive queries” about topics including politics, free speech, democracy, human rights and peaceful protest, according to a previous report by The Intercept.

“I can’t see a way to operate Google search in China without violating widely held international human rights standards,” the report quoted Tsui as saying.

Google is yet to officially confirm or deny the search engine project.

Tsui said that if Google goes ahead with the censored search engine project, it would go against its publicly stated ethos.

The tech giant had launched a search engine in China in 2006, but pulled the service out of the country in 2010, citing Chinese government efforts to limit free speech and block websites.

Manju Warrier’s Bella Ciao has gone viral
I will do a sexy photo shoot. But not in that mood now, will do when the mood strikes. I haven’t responded to any of the commenters yet. No matter what they say, they are not going to get better.
Kiccha Sudeep’s ‘Vikrant Rona’ to have an OTT release!!
​A discount from Motorola for Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z
J&K Police Arrested a BJP Sarpanch for allegedly raping a girl in Budgam district

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Bixby-powered Samsung ‘Galaxy Home’ smart speaker will floor you
Next Article Chinmaya Vidyalaya Taliparamba, Kannur
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow

Latest News

The then WCC was Lalita chechi, if there was any problem, if you complained to Lalita chechi, it would happen - Lal Jose remembers
The then WCC was Lalita chechi, if there was any problem, if you complained to Lalita chechi, it would happen – Lal Jose remembers
Film News News
October 17, 2024 10:41 am
A fan cycled 1,600 km from Uttar Pradesh to Hyderabad to meet Allu Arjun.
A fan cycled 1,600 km from Uttar Pradesh to Hyderabad to meet Allu Arjun.
Film News News
October 17, 2024 4:35 am
Bala's ex-wife reacts amid controversy, ex-wife says they don't want those things and should be allowed to live peacefully
Bala’s ex-wife reacts amid controversy, ex-wife says they don’t want those things and should be allowed to live peacefully
Film News News
October 17, 2024 3:34 am
Everything heard is true, that actor in the lead role in the movie Empuran; Malayalam's two superstars are reuniting
Everything heard is true, that actor in the lead role in the movie Empuran; Malayalam’s two superstars are reuniting
Film News News
October 17, 2024 2:33 am
//

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form id=”847″]

© 2024 Mixindia. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?