Actor and producer Vijay Babu has got into trouble after police registered a case for an alleged sexual assault. According to the Ernakulam South police, the complaint was received on April 22.
The complainant alleged that she has been sexually assaulted by Vijay Babu in a flat in Kochi, on the pretext of offering the victim roles in films.
The actor took no time and responded to the allegations through a Facebook live past midnight Wednesday and has claimed to be the ‘real victim’. He also added that he will file a defamation case against the female actor.
Vijay Babu, repeatedly revealed the name of the complainant, who apparently has acted in his film, ‘Home’. Though disclosing the identity of victims is punishable as per law, Vijay said that he was willing to face the consequences.
“I haven’t done anything wrong. I’m the victim in this. The so-called law of this country protects her and she is at ease while I’m the one who is suffering,” said Vijay Babu.
Vijay Babu also said that he has all the screenshots of the chats and call records he had with the female actor. I will file defamation and a counter-case. It won’t be a small case. I won’t let her get away that easily,” he said.
“I’m answerable only to my wife, mother, sister and friends. And I don’t want this to end with a piece of small news saying, ‘Vijay Babu found not guilty’.”
Earlier in 2017, producer Sandra Thomas had filed a complaint of assault against him.

